Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New Driver!

There's a new driver in the house! And.. no.. its not me :-D. This morning Ty and I took "Joe the Jet Jeep" out for a spin, Ty's first official time in the drivers seat. I had an interesting time explaining "reverse" and "turn left" and "turn right." But it made for some good laughs on my part! The funniest thing would have to be that Ty calls "Joe", "The Jet Beep" not the "Jet JEEP!" Cramming myself into a space created for a four year old also proved interesting, requiring me to pull my knees up to my chest and lean over Ty... He didn't seem to mind. He managed the "gas" pedal and I steered some of the time, going up and down our alley, and all around the Knights Of Columbus parking lot. Ty also has an annoying habit of stopping suddenly about 20 feet away form something (weather it be a parked car or grass or a bush) and exclaiming "We can't hit the truck!" I have no idea how many times I assured him that we would NOT hit the truck and that I wouldn't let him. And that's how I spent this morning.... teaching a two year old to drive a Power Wheels vehicle. :-D





2 comments:

Olivia Howard said...

hahahahahahahah, love it!

EmmaElaine said...

Haha! At least he drives EXTREMELY safe! You'll never catch that kid drunk- driving! ;-P I assume there will be ANOTHER driver soon enough?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Emma